A GLOBAL/LOCAL APPROACH FOCUSED ON REBUILDING THE INDUSTRY.
Kao Salon Division, home of the Goldwell, KMS and Oribe brands, introduces the Kao Salon Industry Recovery Initiative,
solely focused on helping salons recover and rebuild as they emerge from the COVID-19 crisis.
The initiative is comprised of three pillars of carefully constructed support campaigns designed to address the unique challenges
facing the industry and its professionals as they look to reopen.
The initiative’s trio of programs is designed to, both individually and collectively, provide industry professionals with tangible,
localized resources to ensure their businesses are not only restored, but thriving in the months ahead.
The components of The Kao Salon Industry Recovery Initiative include:
Founded on the belief that no one person or organization alone holds the key to success,
but that by truly coming together the industry will rise and flourish, #StrongerTogether represents
Kao Salon’s financial support and unwavering partnership.
Through this program Kao Salon has committed to:
• Suspend invoices until local government salon closure orders are lifted
• Sponsor free-to-industry opportunities to receive business recovery insight and information
• Provide tangible support for local salon organizations to support activities that
benefit both stylists and their salons
• Donate product to charitable organizations for key medical personnel and those in need
• Work with local trade media to present information on supporting government programs
and their details and timelines
• Work with salon customers to arrive at a support plan for success upon reopening
• Create a sponsored consumer digital campaign to inspire a “#WorthTheWait” consumer movement that presents
a call-to-action for clients to patiently wait for their stylists instead of taking at-home measures
Because Kao Salon inherently understands that the expression of creativity is the lifeblood of the industry,
#CreativityNeverStops has been created to allow stylists to immediately nurture and hone their skills via:
• Access to digital and online education programs that offer relief and inspiration
to stylists confined to their homes
• The transformation of the annual Goldwell Creative Awards into an entirely virtual experience,
adjusting entry dates to expand participation
Serving as a constant reminder to customers that their individual recovery remains at the very center Kao Salon’s focus,
#KaoSalonFamily has begun to:
• Deliver hyper-relevant messages of hope and positivity through the Kao Salon network
• Provide communication routes for stylists and salons to communicate
their concerns and questions
• Offer community and connection by directly inviting stylists and salons to connect with the organization
through ongoing, virtual points of contact
“Our priority during this crisis has been to galvanize our efforts around the full and complete recovery of the industry as a whole,
with special focus our partners and stylists,” says Cory Couts, Global President, Kao Salon Division.
We know the needs and concerns of the salon community are very specific.
That’s why we designed this initiative to not only to commit global resources, but local, real solutions for their recovery.
We believe in the power of the collective and know that by meeting this incredibly powerful community where they are,
and joining them on their journey, together we will grow, rise and create the future.”
For media inquiries contact:
Jackie Sands Kirchner//Tractenberg & Co.